The lines prioritized by the ESCEG are thematic work areas for research, based on the strengths of the entity or because it was decided to concentrate efforts to make it efficiently strong using human resources and technological or material and financial capabilities.
They correspond to the priorities of the country contemplated in the documents of the 7th. Party Congress, approved by the III Plenum of the Central Committee of the PCC and supported by the National Assembly of People's Power in 2017. They are also linked to the Work System with the State and Government Tables and the National Strategy for Overcoming and Preparation of cadres and Reserves.
The priorities of the organization are:
1. Contribution to the impact of overcoming the cadres in Public and Business Administration.
2.Perfeccionamiento of the management of Public and Business Administration in Cuba.
These research lines are made up of research projects.
The Scientific Council
The Scientific Council of the ESCEG is a consultative body to advise, study, analyze, evaluate and present proposals and recommendations to the Chancellor of the ESCEG (President of the Scientific Council).
The Scientific Council of the Higher School of State and Government Cadres, in relation to postgraduate education activities, has the following responsibilities:
1. analyze the issues related to the quality of the development of the
postgraduate education and research activities and their economic and social impact;
2. analyze and propose to the center's management the approval of the doctorate, specialty, master's and diploma programs that must be developed, in accordance with the provisions of the respective standards and procedures manuals;
3. analyze and give an opinion on the proposed modifications to the projects of programs and activities of postgraduate education;
4. periodically evaluate the management of the center in terms of postgraduate education and research;
5. suggest the development plan for obtaining scientific degrees from the center according to the profile of the School;
6. Rule the projects of topics and thesis of the candidates who opt for the scientific degree;
7. analyze and pronounce on the proposals for the integration of the Academic Committees
It meets twice a year at least and the vast majority of its members are Dr. C.\
The ESCEG has the Cuban Magazine of Public and Business Administration, APyE to disseminate and socialize scientific work. It is a periodical publication of the original results of research, good practices, management experiences and improvement in national and international public and business administration.
It is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published every four months since 2017. It is registered in the National Registry of Serial Publications.
Its public is made up of executives and professionals at the national and international level of the Public and Business Administration and other related subjects related to the Systems and Management Bodies.
Publishes four categories of articles:
• Original article: this is the presentation of a theoretical, methodological or technological research.
• Review article: Describes and collects the most recent developments or works published in a topic related to the journal.
• Good Practices: Describe the development and implementation of positive methods or experiences.
• Technical Report: Reports on products, projects, processes, systems and results obtained in public and business administration.